Monday, December 26, 2011 | | By: Admin
Your Questions About Running Shoes For High Arches http://bit.ly/sXG7YQ

Sandra asks…

What is the best running shoe for high arches and neutral stride when running 30 miles a week?

I have run three half marathons this summer with my Nike Air pegasus 26 and at first they felt great but then I developed piriformis syndrome and now they make the outside of my feet hurt. I have been recommended asics but am not knowledgeable enough to go buy a pair. I have very narrow feet with high arches and tend to run a little bit towards the outside of my foot. Please help!

admin answers:

"If you have a high arch, your footprint will curve decidedly inward, making the middle of your foot look very skinny. If you are just examining your foot instead of your footprint, you will notice a high and definite arch on your foot. If you push your hand against the bottom of your foot, your foot will not succumb to the pressure easily; the arch will probably remain rigid and may never touch your hand at all.

If this is the case, you may supinate. Supination, or underpronating, is when your feet roll outwards as you run. This is the least common of the three types. You need to look for flexible shoes with a soft midsole to act as shock absorbers for your body. Look for the keywords "flexible" or "cushioned" when shopping for running shoes. "

I did a search on supination and got the following thread on runnersworld.com.
http://ping.fm/K66hs

0 comments:

Post a Comment